Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards

To: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Subject: Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:49:38 -0700
William Elliott wrote:

> However, the methods of enforcement of these standards is ridiculous.
> In some cases, adding the
> required equipment made them dirtier, not cleaner!
>
> My suggestion for achieving the same goal without the pain:
> Tell me I have to pass the standards for the year
> the car was built.  Then test me however you want:
> stationary or on a treadmill.  But don't tell me
> I'm illegal due to equipment!
>
> Just my $.02!
>
> Bill Elliott
You are correct Bill
The brain dead beaurocrats won't listen You could take a car in for
testing and it would pass EXCEPT for the visual so it will fail.Isn't
this stupid!Why not have them sniff the tailpipe and if it passes good
enough don't even open the hood this would make sense BUT
I (IMHO) opinion don't believe that clean air is the goal of these
programs I think it's
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it.Mechanics are salivating at the thought
of uncontrolled
income and we have to pay we go into these test stations with fear
hoping we won't have to take food out of our kids mouths so we will be
able to get to work.Also I want to know if my "79 B has to pass
standards less than new I haven't been able to find out I called the
smog # and no one knew so they put me on hold for a supervisor who never
came on.Until enough of us start making a stink it will only get worse.
Pat