Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards

To: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Subject: Re: Disregard for Pollution Control Standards
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hear Hear, Bill,

You've hit the nail on the head. No matter who is correct with regards to
the "global warming" controversy, proper analysis is essential to "do the
right thing".

When I was a kid- not too long ago- the coming global catastrophy was the
certain onset of the next ice age. Since we were known then (and now) to
be in an interglacial period following similar fluctuations in climate,
there was no doubt that this disaster was coming and might be just over
the horizon.
Certainly, there was more evidence to support eventual cooling than the
anthropogenic basis for global warming.  It is funny that kids now are
being indoctrinated with the global warming catastrophy just as we were
with global cooling.

The problem, as you point out, is that policy is being made on incomplete
data.

"Never Ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521