N.E. Regional NAMGBR event "mini-convention"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: N.E. Regional NAMGBR event "mini-convention"
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:09:53 -0500 (CDT)
IT OFFICIAL!!!

North American MGB Register has sanctioned the MG Car Club - Long
Island Centre's "The British are Coming!!" event to be held June 12th
and 13th 1999 in Ronkonkama/Oakdale (Great River), New York. The
details are still being ironed out but the agenda will be, a Saturday
rally out of hotel followed by a tailgate gate party in parking lot.
Sunday will start with Breakfast followed by Caravan (15 minute run) to
Show Field on the grounds of Bayard Cutting Arboretum. The show is like
no other you have ever attended (unless you have been to a past "The
British are Coming!!" extravaganza). There will be vendors (parts and
food), valve cover racing on Long Island Centre's 32' track, a funkhana
to test the skills of Driver/navagator teams, model car show and of
course a peoples choice show. The event is open to all British cars and
award catagories will be determined by pre-entries.

We hope that surrounding area clubs will arrange "getting there (and
back) is half the fun" caravans. Those of you in the North East USA
know a  Long Island Centre club to be one of the most "out and about"
British car clubs in the country. If an event is with 400 miles of Long
Island there will always be at least one of our members there. Hope we
see alot of reciprication on June 12th and 13th 1999.

Will post more detailed stuff as it is solidified.

Along the same lines: MG Car Club - Long Island Centre's Annual
Vanderbilt Invitational Concours pre-entries are coming in fast and
furious. The event takes place Aug 23rd 1998 at the Vanderbilt Mansion
Museum in Centerport, L.I., New York and is limited to the first 125
pre-entries received. DON'T GET SHUT OUT!!! :-( / get your pre-entries
in ASAP

Safety Fast, David Deutsch