RE: Powdercoat paint code for Rostyle rims

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Powdercoat paint code for Rostyle rims
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:35:13 -0500
> >My local paint supplier crossed the Ditzler number to DuPont
>  #5580A which
> >according to the can label is Code 5299A 1974 Ford Truck
> Silver Metallic.

        Maybe I'm missing something here.

        I'm guessing that the above is a standard enamel paint, and that
the powdercoat to follow is a clear over this paint. Can this paint
handle the 400+ degrees of the powdercoat oven? Since I need to refinish
the Rostyles on my son's '74 CBB (I just had some new Pirelli 185/70's
put on, and a couple of the Rostyles had substantial rust on the
inside), I'd really like to know if this will work. My idea was to use
hi-temp header paint matched as closely to the original paint as
possible and have clear powder shot over

Dan Pockrus
'74 CBB
'62 VW Panel Van