Re: Rear Springs

To: cattias@cats.ucsc.edu
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:05:56 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/98 10:17:04 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cattias@cats.ucsc.edu
writes:

> I am in the process of rebuilding the suspension of my '64 B, and want to
>  replace the rear springs.  My local Moss distributor, an MG restorer with
>  fairly high standards, was hesitant to sell me the 6-leaf Moss
>  springs--something about poor metallurgy and not holding their set for very
>  long.  His recommendation was the Moss 7 -leaf spring.   I have seen
>  comments suggesting that the 7-leaf spring might be too stiff on a roadster
>  (causing handling problems?)
>
>  Could anyone having tried either spring on a chrome-bumper car offer an
>  opinion?  Thanks,

Chris:

I had GT rear springs put on my chrome-bumper roadster and now the rear end
is way up in the stratosphere. (the chrome strip is three inches higher over
the
rear wheels than over the front). It looks like some teenager jacked up the
rear
end. I'm praying for sag now.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336