Arrrrgh - 73B and Rain

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Arrrrgh - 73B and Rain
From: "Larry MacDonald" <lmacdona@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:53:46 -0400
Usually, I am careful about the weather conditions and will only drive the B
when it is a clear, bright and sunny day.  Infact, the top had not been up
for the past two years. Three weeks ago I decided that I would use the B on
a daily basis for the 24 km run into work and 24 km return each day. This
summer has generally been great however we are prone to thunderstorms in
this region of Southern Ontario.  On most occassions, I have managed to beat
the rain and therefore maintained a smug attitude about the LBC.

Today was a different story however.  The rain was absolutely teeming down
to the point where great puddles were forming on the road verges and you
could not see at some points beyond 1 or 2 vehicle lengths.  In addition,
some of the drivers were the opposite to the hats referred to in other
posts.  Some of the drivers maintained an aggressive and challenging driving
style that defied prudent and safe vehicle operation under adverse
conditions.  This usually manifested itself in speeding 80 kph plus, plus in
a 50 kph posted zone, purposely driving through the aforementioned puddles
to see how big a splash pattern they can create, following too close, etc.,
etc., etc.

I have found out two things.  The roof/bonnet is not quite water or leak
proof.  Almost but not quite.  Second, no matter where I moved my left leg,
I could not move out of the path of a steady drip that saturated my lower
left pant leg.  If that wasn't adventurous enough, about 3 minutes from
home, the wipers chose to stop.  Fortunately the rain had eased up and I was
able to continue on home.

Bye the way, finally ordered new kits to recover the seats. They should be
here in a week or so.

Regards

Larry MacDonald