RE: Z-S leaking fuel from the underside

To: "'Chris Fiddes'" <cfiddes@direct.ca>,
Subject: RE: Z-S leaking fuel from the underside
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:12:42 -0400
Chris -

Make sure that it really is coming from the bottom plug.  I thought my
bottom plug was leaking, but it turned out that the float bowl to body seal
had opened up on the manifold side of the carb.  Fuel was running down that
side of the float bowl and dripping off of the plug, which is why I thought
at first it was the o-ring.  As it turned out, the middle screw on that
side had loosened a bit (vibration?).  Anyway, snugging everything back up
solved the problem.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget