Re: fuel injection

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fuel injection
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:24:32 -0500
Robert Allen wrote:

> As a computer geek, I hate to admit that I know nothing of the computer
> devices needed to run the deal, though. It would seem that with two sensors,
> 180 out, you could fire both injectors at the same time. This will waste one
> pulse but, hell, the (old, mechanical) fuel injected Corvette wasted 7 of
> them.

My 86 VW Golf has a totally mechanical continuous injection system (CIS
system). No electronics to go bad. No computer and no O2 sensor. Is set
up for 4 port injectors. They run a continuous spray! All control of the
fuel is done by an air flow lever adjusting the pressure to the
injectors. And dependable? 165,000 mile so far and still going.

Maybe 2 injectors in each intake port and since it was designed for a
1700cc engine maybe not too much fiddling to get it right.

Chuck

>> As a side note, the Triumph TR-5 had a fuel injected 2.5 liter 6. It was
> entirely mechanical and ran a "fuel distributor" off the dizzy drive. They ran
> six fuel pipes up over the valve cover to wide open fuel metering nozzles.
> Also, the machine three pairs of butterflys mounted up next to the head
> instead of a single plenum and throttle plate. Very weird but they claimed 40%
> more power than the carb-ed motor sent to the states.
> --

Bob Allen, Kansas City