Paint & terrible joke.

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Paint & terrible joke.
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:53:01 -0700
I have had a letter from Australia, from Bob Somerville, who has asked
me to say to John Elwood...
second colour on my Mk3 MG Magnette comes down the 'A' post to be
in-line with the centre of the horizontal trim below the window, on the
front doors. On the underside of my Mk4 has not been undersealed, the
floor is a chocolate brown gloss finish, this is origonal".

To everyone else who is suspicious that OZ is exchanging secret with
those across the Atlantic, he is talking about the roof colour on a
Farina Magnette.

Which brings me to an interesting point. Did you know that the UK and
Ireland have been forced into driving on the right by EEC Convention.
The UK is fighting it as the cost to modify cars will be massive.
However, Ireland has decided to give it a try. To ease the change-over
from left to right, the Heavy Good Vehicles ( trucks) will cross over on
Monday the 21st September, and private cars and vans will follow a week
later.

            This is NOT a joke...the MGF is getting a rough time, it is
proving to not be very reliable, and made our prime-time TV in the UK,
on a programme called " Watchdog". Bits keep falling off, or leak, or
seize. It only goes to show we now have a new breed of MG owner. One who
cannot fix his car, but goes running back to the manufacturer. Perhaps
it is another TR7 AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Neil.