Winshield Wiper Splines question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Winshield Wiper Splines question
From: "Jeff Zuckerman" <JeffZuckerman@csi.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:23:32 -0700
Hello all,
    I am new to the list and also new to car restoration.  But...never
wanting to do things in a small way, I am in the middle of a full
restoration of a '67 BGT which includes stripping virtually every nut and
bolt from my bondo-laden "parts car" and attaching it to my newly painted
shell which I purchased for $200.  The engine pieces return from the machine
shop this week to be reassembled, and sometime in the next few weeks the new
carpet kit and wiring harness will go in.
    Anyway (yes, there is a question here for all of you MGurus!) this
evening I was extracting the windshield wiper motor assembly from the donor
car and I noticed that the splines on the passenger side wiper hub were all
pretty much worn away.
    Does anyone have any tricks to give the wiper arm something to "grab"
onto again?  The only thing I can think of is using a dremel type tool
(which I don't own) to try a cut some new splines, but I don't know if this
would work.
    Thanks,
Jeff Zuckerman
Olympia, WA