Re: Odd Things Found In Cars

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Odd Things Found In Cars
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:13:17 -0500
I wrote about this unique find last spring.
I found a baby possum in the right side of the engine bay, newly kicked out
of the nest by momma but firmly ensconced in a very cozy nest created
overnight.
Naturally, this was just after I had gone to the trouble of vacuuming out
the crap in the cubby holes along the front fenders, so I noticed the mess
of leaves in my clean engine bay.
I had to drag the critter out of that narrow space -- reach forward into
that place and imagine something chomping down gently on your finger!
I'm sure the resourceful young possum is still doing well, although I
haven't seen it. The original nest was a block away. (I know because I have
a Bluetick Coonhound who gets nightly walks and points these things out to
me and the neighbors in very vocal terms)

Dan
73 B