Re: Odd Things Found In Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Odd Things Found In Cars
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:35:47 -0700
Larry Dickstein wrote:

> WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > What is the most strange and bizarre item that has turned up in one of your
> > cars?
> > I have had a stash of marijuana in a TR I bought (had to burn it ;-) , dead
> > birds, etc. What about you?
> >

>         This is an easy one.  I bought a barn Bugeye several years ago w/ a
> resident opossum.  Apparently, once threatened, they will not move on
> their own, or at least that is what the animal control officer said when
> he came to de-possum my car.  My first thought was to simply blast the
> bejesus out of the critter since he/she (gotta be politically correct
> here) was trapped in the boot and would not unass the car.  Anyway, the
> furry thing rode in the Bugeye on a trailer from Wichita, KS to Kansas
> City, MO and apparently really liked the car.
>         Wanna see the pictures?
>
>         BTW: just how did you burn the grean leafy substance?
>
> Larry Dickstein
> Kansas City, MO
When I bought my 73 Midget and it came with a surprise. I had a friend
tow the little car from the backyard of the previous owner, and had him
put it into the back corner of my shop. A couple of days later, my
girlfriend and I decided to look the car over, and opted to take the
hood off. I held the hood open while she stuck her head up under the
hood to undo the hinges. It was while it was carrying the hood off into
the corner when she started laughing and she "Very funny, is this your
idea of a joke?". When I turned around she pointed to a large lump of
something back in the battery box area. It was a large rubber snake, and
i had a job of convincing her that I had not placed it there. Guessing
that this was a joke the previous owner had laid waiting for us, I went
to remove the object. At this moment, the rubber snake MOVED ON ITS OWN.
Seems that this was a real black snake, approximately three feet long.
After a few tense moments I managed to pin the head down and and then
throw the snake in a box. Of course I had to do this on my own, as she
was crouched down on the roof of my pick up truck. Never have liked
snakes, but this definately cured me of ever wanting one as a pet.
Mark Snowdon, Greensboro NC
69 Sprite
73 Midget
79 Midget and a MGB to come soon...