Low idle miss ??????

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Low idle miss ??????
From: MYLDN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:59:08 EDT
My 73B has developed a strange low idle miss, all is ok at start up. after the
car warms up it will start to miss on initial acceleration as the RPMs
increase the miss stops?? first I looked at the fuel filters thinking it was a
fuel blockage. not so. then I wondered about the Fuel pump????? not sure. the
car still has original SU carbs, but has had an allison electronic ignition
installed. the plugs look good,{bosch platnum} if electrics I wondered about
the coil???
well as you can see im puzzled, unless you all have some great ideas im going
to start with the fuel system, drain tank check for debri that could be headed
for the pump. then take the pump off take apart to check the screen. if thats
all ok ill blow out the fuel line. sound ok so far? if that doesnt work I
guess ill start on the electrics????
any Ideas would be great..........
Sean MUldoon.