Re: VB vs. Moss

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: VB vs. Moss
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 20:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
>Bud,

I know I'm new at the B thing, but in my time of Spitfire ownership, and
talking to some B owners, VB has a rep for being less consistent with
quality (although a lot of things are identical), cheaper, and less
friendly about problems/returns.

Have you checked prices/parts availability through the Roadster Factory?
They are closer (less shipping time), and were always very good to me with
tech questions and a couple of returns (my fault, and I just paid shipping,
no reshelving fee or any of that). I don't know how they are on the B
specifically, though, as they mostly specialize in Triumphs (see y'all, I
said it and the walls didn't fall in!) I think they charge $5 for their
catalogue, which is very nice, and give you the $5 back on your first
order.

Boy, I wish I had space for two cars...I'd still want to look at your '77.
Oh well...

Nevin