HIF Carbs & Ported Vacumn

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HIF Carbs & Ported Vacumn
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 18:50:55 -0500
Hi All,
   I need a little advice here.  I installed the new engine in my '72 B
roadster, everything went
very well, engine purrs, except for one little detail.  The engine had all
the emissions stuff  removed when I got it, and had a 25D dizzy.  It also
had it's original HIF carbs., and had the vacumn advance plumbed to the
manifold vacumn.  Now everyone knows that is backward from
what you need( yes I did check and the dizzy is a vacumn advance model).
The only thing is I don't see any ported vacumn connections on the HIF's, so
am I stuck here?  The way I see it I have basically three options. 1. go to
carbs with ported vacumn for the advance.  2. go to a mechanical advance
dizzy without vacumn advance. or 3. get a dizzy with a vacumn retard. What
is the opinion of the folk on the list as to the best option?  ( For the
time being I'm thinking of pulling the HS4's off of my '70GT and running
those for a while, that engine is coming out for a rebuild in a week or two
anyway....)
TIA
Harlan.