Jacking and Rust

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jacking and Rust
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:45:19 -0500
My '64B is suffering from the collapsing body syndrome. The doors fit
snug, but the gaps at the body are smaller  (nearly non-existent) at the
top than at the bottom of the door. Rockers are shot, but from what I
can see of the floor pan, it is very good condition for a car this old.
My concern has to do with jacking up the car to do a thorough rust
inspection, as well as suspension and other undercar work this winter. I
am worried about the undue stress put on an already weak body assembly
when I jack the car up and get the stands underneath. Rockers cannot be
replaced until after the first of the year, but the inspection is to
determine if any other sheet metal or support structure needs to be
replaced. Is this concern about jacking up the car relevant? Anyone have
any hints or tips? The vision of a broken in two B in my garage is my
current Halloween haunt...

Chris Rogers
Finally sure that it is '64 B