Re: Wire Wheel > Rostyle Conversion.

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel > Rostyle Conversion.
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:43:25 -0800
Neil,

The wire wheel axle casing is 1" shorter than the one used for Rostyle
wheels because the wheels themselves had a different offset. If you fit
Rostyle hubs and wheels on your present axle, your rear track width will be
1" too narrow.

Of course, it is possible a previous owner had converted your car to wire
wheels by simply changing the hubs and wheels! (Something we have found on a
lot of cars.) If your rear wheels look as though they are 1" wider apart
than the front wheels, you should check the axle width before you make any
changes.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center