Re: Wire Wheel > Rostyle Conversion.

To: <MGMagnette@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel > Rostyle Conversion.
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:17:29 +1000
All,

>thing you have against wires is that they don't hold up well in
competition...

Yes thats it. I don't want one self destructing on me at serious speeds.

>You don't have anything againt spline drive vs. bolt drive do you?  Might
be

I am a little concerned over this. There is a fair degree of
knocking/movement associated with splines compared to bolt assembly but if
there are people out there who race and don't see any difference with new
splines then I'm willing to take their advice! :) Y'see I'm in
hate-wire-wheel mode at the moment. <G> They look great but after a while
and a short while at that they start developing noises etc which is really
annoying and doesn't say a lot to me about their inherent strength. Just IMO
of course.

>Are genuine factory Rostyles even all that better for racing anyway?  I was
>under impression that they were just cheap pressed sheet metal shit.

I should have made that clearer, I don't intend to race with Rostyles I just
wanted the stronger bolt assembly of the Rostyle setup.

Thanks for everyones advice out there - especially the one inch difference
at the rear. An eye opener! :) I'm also going to be checking out those
dampers of mine on the weekend, will let everyone know the results. I hope
it's not the leaf springs!

Cheers,
Neil.