Re: Dead new family member...

To: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: Dead new family member...
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:06:09 -0500
Chris Chandler wrote:

> The new member of the family STILL isn't running... I fixed the throttle
> cable (not attached <DUH>), cleaned and re-gapped the plugs, made sure
> it was getting fuel and charged the battery.
>
> It cranks but doesn't fire.  At this point the only thing I can think of
> is that it isn't getting spark.  Could someone explain to me how I would
> go about checking for spark?

1.  Flood garage with water.
2.  Take off shoes and socks
3.  Disconnect # 1 spark plug wire
4.  Hold wire in hand, standing on wet floor with bare feet
5.  Have "friend" attempt to start car.

You'll know.....

(Hey - this is a joke, okay?  Do not try this at home.)

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/