Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose

To: "Paul A. Tegler, Jr" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Subject: Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:15:12 -0800
Paul & others,

> Hey Neil...
> give us the name/address/phone number/ of the
> place that has these inexpensive SU's

It's :
Bill Brassington
Midel Pty. Ltd.
4 Frazer Street
Lakemba, NSW 2195
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9759 5598

Bill rebushed my carbs and supplied me with rebuild kits for my HS4's.
Sorry I don't have their fax # here - I'm at home. If you want it, Email
me privately and I'll find it tomorrow. Email is bill@sumidel.com and
the website is http://www.sumidel.com/ - under construction. They're not
big on net stuff - yet - but they do check their Email. I didn't even
know they existed until a couple of weeks ago - I spend too much time on
the net and not enough time looking at the Yellow Pages!!! <G> Anyway as
I said before, these aren't repro's - genuine ex SU factory stock bought
out by Bill when production ceased. I would think it would be heaps
cheaper buying from Aus thanks to the exchange rate - even with a $$
FedEx/UPS delivery compared to that $600 US dollars in the Moss catalog!
Bill also has orig factory manifolds etc and other types of SU carbs
like HS, HIF, HS6, HS8 etc.

Gee I'm going to bed! Just finished my other carb.. Oh god, now how does
that linkage go back on again?!!?!?? :)) Can't wait to see how these
carbs operate when I finally get them back on the car.. I now realise
the jets were never properly centered as when I took them off the car
the pistons weren't closing fully - binding on the needle. Must have
been affecting idle, mixture etc. Anyways. zzzzz... time 4 bed.

Cheers,
Neil.