Re: Question on stripping the '66B

To: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Question on stripping the '66B
From: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:14:02 -0400
Chris,

Since no one has answered your question about the heater box, I'll jump
in and take a stab.  When I removed mine the toughest part was
disconecting the air diverter cable.  I would take a bet that this is
what you missed. To the best of my knowledge (little) it needs to be
completely disconected before the heater box can be removed.

This is cable that changes the direction of the air flow from the
windshield to where ever it seems to go.  I have never had and effective
heater, someday I will finish my car and see if my repairs helped the
heater.

Anyway, to disconect the cable, start by breaking the bones in your legs
so you can squeeze part of your body under the dash....on the right side
(passenger in the US) there are two retainers that you need to remove to
free the cable.  I have the part in my hand and they look like 3/8". One
retains the body of the cable and the other retains the cable to the
movable door, this one has a 1/4" bolt going into the door with a 3/8"
nut to alow it to be tightened.  With the cable removed the heater bux
should pull right out.

ALMOST FORGOT!  The demister tubes slide into this part and would also
hold the heater box in place.

Paul Murch
64B