Starter has a mind of its own (Christene)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter has a mind of its own (Christene)
From: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:31:00 EST
First started when trying to start nothing but relay chatter and then
sometimes the starter and sometimes the solenoid would not disengage.

I figured faulty starter relay.  Replaced it with garden variety (NAPA)
brand, all seemed to work fine for several, several starts.

A couple of hours later the solenoid, again, will not release. Have to
disconnect battery cable to normal it up.

I replaced the solenoid a month or so ago. No problems, all seemingly
went well.

All wiring looks good.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance,