RE: Alternator light is on again

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Alternator light is on again
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:44:43 -0500
Mike,

  I can't recall how many times I've read from this list "...check the
grounding in the tail lights."  Since everything electrical seems to run
nicely, and your charging lamp comes on "in time with the turn signal" it
seems very likely to me that you have a high resistance (possibly a bad
ground) in one or both of your turn signals.  That would cause a larger
current draw, maybe just high enough to cause the faint glow in your
charging light.

  For a test you could run a piece of wire to ground the tail light socket
to the negative terminal of the battery (or even a decent body ground).
I'll bet you see a difference.

  Any electrical engineers want to speculate about weather affecting this?
Could it be that cold, damp weather promotes corrosion, or causes it to
become more resistive?

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B