RE: Lowering.

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: RE: Lowering.
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:36:51 -0800
Bill:

        No offense taken.  Keep in mind I drive these beasts too.  The
rubber bushes now supplied are coming out of the UK, and do not seem to have
much of a life.  But I also remember them not hanging in very long when they
were in new MGBs' (I'm a little young for MGAs').  Part of the problem was
incorrect installation and misassembled A arms.  The rubber is supposed to
bond to the inner and outer surfaces in regular position.  The rubber would
then twist to allow the movement.  If the rubber does not bond, or if the
assembly is tightened on the rack with the tires in the air the system does
not work.
        I've been using the black poly bushes for many years and been very
happy.  My race car too has delrin top and bottom.