Re: "Crack of Doom"

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: "Crack of Doom"
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:05:06 -0500
dresden@tiac.net wrote:
> I probably could get away with just some filler, as
> they're small, and right at the tops of the door, but then again, maybe
> not, and why muck around, right?)

  ...that's probably where the "crack of doom" moniker
came from... a little filler would cover it but it
would come right back, seemingly forever.

  For the welding-deprived, that would make the
crack terminal. ;>

  Speaking of welding deprived, why is it that most
North American car owners consider welding a major
repair job, but most British car owners seem to
downplay it a lot?

  Maybe it's the yearly MOT thing
but a Brit is usually pretty casual with welding
in a new sill to get another year's driving. I've
seen so many American car "restorations" where it
seemed like they spend days fiberglassing and
bondo'ingtrouble areas that I could fix properly
with a welder in less time.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca