Re: "Crack of Doom"

To: murch@y-city.net
Subject: Re: "Crack of Doom"
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:57:08 -0500
"Murch, Paul" wrote:

> Trevor,
>
> Below is your treatment of the crack of doom from a while back,  How
> about a progress report?  Has this worked out?

  It's been just fine, although for two reasons this
wasn't a very stressful test.

  One reason is that it's only been about two months
of driving time, it's winter here and the car went
into storage shortly after.

  The big reason why my test was not too tough though
was that my car has no vent windows. (it has aeroscreens
instead of a windshield)

  The crack appears where it does because of stress
caused by the vent window, which isn't there to help
it reappear now.

  However, I'm confident it would not reappear
under any circumstances It's really quite solid
compared to how it originally was.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca