Carb kit

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb kit
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:15:50 -0800
Hi,

I just bought a Filko carb rebuilt kit from the local Auto Parts Club.  Part
no. 12-26, cost $8.16 per carb.  I will compare the parts included with the
Mo$$ 'Master Rebuild Kit' (375-548) and report to the list what's included
and what's not.  The Mo$$ kit contains genuine SU parts, enough for both
carbs, for $82.95, but they also list a 'Rebuild Kit' (375-358 for '69) and
a 'Carburetor Gasket Set' 698-108, so maybe there will be some commonality
there.

Right now I just want to get my carbs clean and sitting straight (the front
float bowl is at a jaunty angle), then I'll look for faults and ways to
better tune them.  Since this car is a daily driver all work has to be
incremental.

Warnings and recommendations are welcomed.

Andy
--
'69 MGB

PS I think my current poor running might be due to water from the heater
valve dripping onto the dizzy again.  How annoying.