Re: Tyres

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tyres
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:18:41 -0800
Eric,
I have seen many times that a tire shop will overinflate the tires while
mounting them to seat the bead on the rim, which is normal, but then they
will just snatch it off the mounting machine and throw it on the car.  Still
inflated to 60 or 70 PSI.  Which is not normal.
Before I leave any shop where I've had tire service, I check two things: the
tire pressure and the lug nut torque.

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
Los Angeles