Re: Orange Peel?

To: "Wakefield, Glenn" <Glenn.Wakefield@Jacobs.com>,
Subject: Re: Orange Peel?
From: "Gail B. Snider" <snider@netpath.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 05:25:09 -0500
Glen,
You might be putting the primer on a little dry, yes you can wet sand w/ 400
wet or w/ 320 dry ( the primer ).  If you have never sprayed a car before
you might want to consider using lacquer.  It is much more forgiving,
however you will have to wet sand and buff when finished. Your enamel color
coat/clear coat will be more durable than lacquer on the plus side but
harder to repair in the future on the negetive side.
For your other question, yes you can lightly wet sand the color coat using
600 grit wet if it is a solid color, if you are using a metalic i would be
very carefull, it is easy to sand thru a coat which can cause discoloration
when the clear is applied, then you have problems.  You can also wet sand
the clear coat using 900-1000 wet.  Be ready to do some buffing however, it
will take several passes to get the scratches out ant the desired shine.
Brian