Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!

To: mowog77@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!
From: JChumley3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:54:53 EST
<< > 1. How do I get the oil up into the tranny after I drain it?
 > A couple people told me to attach a hose ot the end of a spouted 90W
 > bottle with 20W50 in it and squeeze, but that will be pretty tough!

I tried some of these suction-type hoses and was not satisfied.  After much
tribulation, however, I finally found a good solution.  I bought a length of
flexible plastic tubing from Walmart.  I think it was in the plumbing
department.  The problem I had with any rubber hoses was that they kinked too
much when I routed them through the hole in the tunnel on my '80 B.  This
plastic tubing was able to bend and turn corners without kinking.  Then, I
simply attached a funnel to the end of the plaxtic tubing and poured the oil
straight in.  Very, very easy.