Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!

To: bachldrs@swva.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:36:33 EST
In a message dated 1/26/99 5:36:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, bachldrs@swva.net
writes:

> I have changed all the fluids in my 77B except for the steering rack and
>  the transmission and I have a couple questions.
>
>  1. How do I get the oil up into the tranny after I drain it?
>  A couple people told me to attach a hose ot the end of a spouted 90W
>  bottle with 20W50 in it and squeeze, but that will be pretty tough!

What has always worked for me is this.  Sta lube makes a square bottle of
various gear oils, and sells a pump for said bottles separately.  Fill diff
first.  Then reload bottle with the oil for the tranny.  Place a few
newspapers on the drivers floor and place pump there, it is then easy to reach
in and place the end of the hose in the top of trans and start pumping.  No
muss no fuss.
Hope this helps
Rick Ewald
67 MGB roadster.