Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!

To: Erik Brzoska <mowog77@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Oil change 77B Help!
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:44:58 -0800 (PST)
---Erik Brzoska <mowog77@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1. How do I get the oil up into the tranny after I drain it?
> A couple people told me to attach a hose ot the end of a spouted 90W
> bottle with 20W50 in it and squeeze, but that will be pretty tough!

Woohoo, I've been on this list for 2 years and this is the first
time...okay maybe second that I could attempt to contribute....

I bought a thingamabob from Autozone that I believe is originally
intended to replace diff fluid.  It looks like a big suringe with a 6
inch flexible tube on the front of it.  I just sucked the 20w50 oil
out of its container, crawled under the car and shot it into the hole
on the side of the tranny.  Don't remember how many "shots" it took,
but the "suringe" held about 3/4 of a quart.  It wasn't too many.  I
think the "suringe" cost about 7 bucks.

Tom
77B