Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers

To: hjillson@argohouston.com
Subject: Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 07:59:53 EST
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:19:26 CST "Harlan Jillson"
<hjillson@argohouston.com> writes:
>Hi All,
>   After the recient reminder that was posted about BMC week, I went
>to the BMC site and went through the stories there ( saw your's in
>there mike L.).  It got me to wondering just how many of us are
>driving our LBC's as dailey drivers.  I know that there are some
>obvious daileys on the list (barney..) but with marks report of 400+
>list participants, I was just curious as to how many of us drive'em
>dailey, and how many are garage queens.
>   Personally, I just have the two mg's, the '72 roadster that is my
>dailey at the moment, and the '72 GT that is in the process of
>referbishment.
>    Just curious, anyone want to comment?
>
>Harlan.

I use mine year round except if its icy or if theres WET salt about - the
69 was a DD last week and will go to Norristown this weekend - the Riley
goes to work once a week to keep it "supple" and the GT usually gets
weekend duty (in truth its my favourite) - They all get cleaned pretty
regularly.The rest of the time and especially for child or grocery
ferrying its the p.o.s-parts hauling escort wagon which ive had for
nearly a year and can report unashamedly that it has NEVER been washed -
hehe - why waste good washing time!!
I show them in the summer but they are drivers, not paperweights so I'll
never win any concours events - looking for shows with Riley classes this
year - hehe - im a "lock" to win any of those!!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley