Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers

To: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argohouston.com>,
Subject: Re: BMC Week, Dailey Drivers
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:58:07 -0500
On 1/29/99 7:19 PM so and so (Harlan Jillson) said. (And I quote:)

>Hi All,
>   After the recient reminder that was posted about BMC week, I went to
>the BMC site and went through the stories there ( saw your's in there mike
>L.).  It got me to wondering just how many of us are driving our LBC's as
>dailey drivers.  I know that there are some obvious daileys on the list
>(barney..) but with marks report of 400+ list participants, I was just
>curious as to how many of us drive'em dailey, and how many are garage queens.
>   Personally, I just have the two mg's, the '72 roadster that is my
>dailey at the moment, and the '72 GT that is in the process of referbishment.
>    Just curious, anyone want to comment?
>
>Harlan.
My Midget was a daily driver for about the first 6 years I owned it. Then
we moved to PA and it wouldn't pass the emmisions inspection and I hadn't
the funds to repair it. It got parked for several years. I still drove it
once in a while just to keep it fresh. It looked pretty sad one January a
couple of years ago with 3 feet of snow on it. Then with a little
inspiration I worked on it most every weekwnd for 6 months to get it
drivablae and it passed inspection. It got driven nearly every weekwnd
and occasionally during the week after that. Since we moved in October, I
can no longer walk to the train station and the Midget has become a daily
driver again. So things are back to normal.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

PS I have been too busy the last couple of weeks to keep up on the email.
When is BMC week?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?