Re: Carburettor dilemma

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>,
Subject: Re: Carburettor dilemma
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:30:39 -0800 (PST) (Wed, 24 Feb 1999 00:30 UT)
>Here are the options as I see it.  Drive a car getting 10mpg to San Diego (200
 miles one way) to have my old machinist do it.  Take reamer, carb bodies, and
 throttle shafts on a tour of all of the local machine shops, bat my eyelashes
 and hope someone takes pity on me.  Mail the aforementioned bits to some kind
 person on the list to be reamed and mailed back to me (hint, hint).  Widen my
<area of search and try to find a real machine shop.

 I'm in the same boat.  Lawrie has a pretty good deal where he'll reshaft
the bodies for you without doing the whole rebuild.  If I ever get out from
behind the eight ball I'm going to send him a check.  I'll let him
give you a quote, since the price he mentioned to me is several years old,
and for standard shafts.

When did you return from Jolly old?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*