Re: MGA as Workhorse

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA as Workhorse
From: EricSsmc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:12:30 EST
Here's a couple for you:

One day several years ago my wife and I were in the 73 MGB at a flea market in
Va.  My wife found an oak dresser she fell in love with and it was a DEAL!
Can't pass one of those up!  We loaded the dresser onto the luggage rack of
the car and strapped it down.  It stood about 2 ft taller than the car and
stuck out about 1.5 ft on each side.  We had a crowd of about 40 watching as
we loaded up.  The dresser and the car made the 150 mile trip back home, and
the dresser is in our bedroom at this very moment.

Before being married, I once moved my entire apartment in my 67 GT, including
a full size bed.  The mattress was laid on top of the car, front to back,
followed by headboard, foot board, and then the box springs on top.  The
entire affair was strapped down from bumper to bumper.  I had to lean down and
look under the steering wheel due to the mattress drooping.  Imagine the
stares I got on that trip!

Eric S.
still have the B and the GT as well!