Re: MGA as Workhorse

To: EricSsmc@aol.com, WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA as Workhorse
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:44:44 EST
In a message dated 3/1/99 11:21:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, EricSsmc@aol.com
writes:

<< I had to lean down and
 look under the steering wheel due to the mattress drooping.  Imagine the
 stares I got on that trip! >>
Eric,
  I had the good fortune to live in East Anglia for 4 years of the early 70's.
My landlord(A G.Montgomery),raised calves and pigs on our little farm..Come
market day he would put the top down on his Triumph Spitfire,collect my wife,
and drive to the market at St.Ives.After he had bought his purchases of the
day,he and my wife would herd the livestock(usually 2 calves, a goat and two
pigs) into the Spitfire.My wife would keep the stock "corralled" in the back
of the Spitfire while Montey would drive the 20 odd miles back to our
farm...They did this every week for some months, until Montey had his farm
well stocked.  The funniest thing about all of this is that they Never Got Any
Odd Stares!!!..No kidding, it was accepted that one would do what ever he had
to do with what he had to do it with..so a spitfire full of livestock and
people was ok in England...MY, I do miss the Mother Country..LOL
yours, H4(Howard)