Interesting find in our car

Subject: Interesting find in our car
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 07:42:21 -0800
My wife found an interesting metal plate while removing the old carpet.
It has the VIN, date of sale, name, and address of the original
purchaser embossed into the metal. The car was sold to someone in
Phoenix on September 9, 1969. The sides of the plate are wavy. Does
anyone know what these were for? I first thought it might be an
address-o-graph plate, but it doesn't make any sense to find it in the
car.

Maybe it's a warranty "card"?

Any ideas, speculation, or wild stories would be appreciated.

This definitely ranks up there with finding the possum in the engine
compartment.

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose