Re: Interesting find in our car

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting find in our car
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:16:33 EST

<<
 Maybe it's a warranty "card"?

 Any ideas, speculation, or wild stories would be appreciated.

That is the original Identification Plate included in the back of the Passport
to Service booklet delivered with the car to the original owner.  The booklet
provides a space for recording service work and scheduling.  I just pulled
mine out and looked at  it from my 71 BGT.  It is an addressograph type plate
with the information embossed or stamped in the metal.  I have the car too and
drive it regularly.

BTW on other subjects recently on this message board, thanks for help last
month on headlight problem.  You guys were right.  Loose blue wire at block
behind the horn.

Thanks for info on where to send a couple of bucks to nobleman  managing this
board.  Check in mail tomorrow.

re: prices of used MG's especially Gt's.  Everybody who wants one wants to
steal one and everybody who has one, like me, thinks they are worth a fortune.
They are not.

re:  MG country...the best is here in Carolina.  I drive regularly to coast
and to mountains from Charlotte.  My car is a good driver, professionally
maintained, all original and renewed as required each time boys bring it back
from college.  I don't really favor or baby it like some people in an MG club
I one belonged to.  I was the only guy who actually drove his MG car to the
club meetings in winter.  I have never given the car a name either.

Mel Frank
1971 MGB GT
1991 Cherokee
1997 Saturn