Re: Why Does Moss Sell Crap?

To: doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Why Does Moss Sell Crap?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:24:51 EST
In a message dated 08/03/99 11:00:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

<<  I personally am sad to hear of your experience and do
 strive to do what I can at Moss to keep quality a priority.

**I'm sure you do. Is the problem that better stuff is available but your
customers won't pay for quality?
That is a problem we experience with the Jensens - the big Jensens are owned
by people willing and able to do things the right way the first time around,
and the parts situation is pretty good.
The Jensen Healey owners are mostly younger, and dare I say it, cheaper, and
are often looking to cut corners and cost, and suppliers I have talked to
indicate that there is no point in them seeking out quality as that segment of
the market will not pay for it. Similar top MG owners, I suspect.

 >>     I am in the process of rebuilding a 57 MGA, so I will have a first
 hand experience with fit/finish problems which will be aired as they come
 up.
  regards
  Kelvin.     >>

Have fun! Maybe your restoration will result in a few more parts being added
to Moss's catalogue.

Bill