Re: Oil Cooling

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Cooling
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:57:06 -0800
Word on the street is that WSpohn4@aol.com said:
> When you say that the 4 cylinder MG should not kneed an oil cooler, you are
> flat out wrong.  The early 63 Bs were shipped to North America without coolers
> and were such a warranty nightmare that the factory took the less expensive
> measure of standardising an oil cooler - something that they would never have
> done had it not been necessary.

I believe the early (pre 65) MGB failures were more due to crank whip in
the 3-main engine.  Were oil coolers standard on export cars always, or
with the 5-main, or in mid 63?  Don't have Clausager here.

All I know is my oil cooler has helped my oil pressure quite a bit, and
helps keep the car from overheating when I'm stuck in the border crossing
lineup in summer (that and Water Wetter).

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375