Re: Oil Cooling

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Cooling
From: JChumley3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:04:19 EST

<<
 Well, the danger is that misinformation like this will be believed, to the
 detriment of some poor guy who won't even get an "I'm sorry" when he blows
his
 engine. Sorry, under the circumatsnces, pussy footing ain't my bag.

I am by NO means an expert, but I thought I would chime in with my own
personal experiences.

My '80 MGB doesn't have an oil cooler.  I live in Dallas, Texas, and I drove
it EVERY day last summer.  The summer of 1998 was, I believe, the second-
hottest summer in the history of Texas.  I know that we had something like
thirty consecutive days of 100+ degree temperatures.

My B has "lived" in Texas for more than five years.  Before that, it was an
Arizona car.  From all indications, there seems to be no ill effects on my car
from driving it in these climates without an oil cooler.

Do you mean to say, Bill, that I can expect to be a "poor guy" who finds his
engine blown in the near future?  (I would like an honest answer to this
question, as I am considering investing a considerable amount of money into
the restoration of this car.  It would nice to know if I need to also plan on
an engine rebuild.)

Jeremy