RE: Connector Cleaning

To: "'Skye Poier'" <skye@ffwd.com>, Fred Pixley <fpixley@kingston.net>
Subject: RE: Connector Cleaning
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:32:56 +0100
Skye,

I used several types of erasors for cleaning the gold plated connectors of
Data General computers in the 80's. Did not always work though.
The erasors leave some aggressive material behind, which might corrode the
connector material quickly.
After usage the erasor always clean the connector with a kind of cleaning
solvent (alcohol based = usable.)

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT