Re: Connector Cleaning

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re: Connector Cleaning
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:20:36 EST
Hi Lawrie,
  Thanks for the confirmation.  I suppose that the tap is a BA or
something exotic. Do you re-tap with an American thread when you do this?
  Oil has not started to foul the points yet, but there was far more than
I've ever seen in there before, when I opened the distributor Sunday.  I
will check that the drain hole is clear. I gather that it is the bushings
that are allowing the oil to pass, though the shaft is still pretty
tight. Last time I set the timing, 1500 miles ago, the dwell meter was
steady +- two degrees, but I'll check that again.
  If the shaft is wobbling, is the Pertronix a drop-in fit?  I haven't
paid much attention to discussions about them, as the existing system has
worked pretty well for a number of years and most of the correspondence
about Pertronix seems to be about troubles.   Is that an accurate
conclusion or one of inaccurate observation?   Do you fit them routinely?

Bob