installing carpet

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: installing carpet
From: Stephanie.J.Gibbs@Dartmouth.EDU (Stephanie J. Gibbs)
Date: 17 Mar 99 08:22:13 EST
With the winter dregs slowly melting away, and hints of spring in the air, I
recently bought a carpet kit and new top for my MG Midget ('77).

Alas, I do not have decent instructions for the installation of these items, and
would welcome any advice, especially with regards to the carpet.  How do I know
which pieces go where (the schematic which came with the kit is rather, shall we
say, general)?  What type or brand of adhesive should I use on the carpet?  How
much time will this process take?  Are there any specific things which ought to
be done while installing, which I probably know nothing about?

Any hints on installing the top, to make things easier or more straightforward,
would also be appreciated.

If anyone has a webpage or other format of information concerning this, please
feel free to send it to me.

Thank you,

Stephanie Gibbs

(I was on the list about a year ago, and recently re-subscribed, after moving
from Austin, TX to rural New Hampshire.  The MG was towed behind the moving
truck, a quite unforgettable experience.)