Re: Oil smells like gas

To: "Postmaster" <elwell@hctc.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil smells like gas
From: Jeremy Anthony Kinsey <jer@mia.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 99 15:34:21 -0500
Postmaster said:

>Ever since I purchased my 76 B, the oil has smelled like gas!
>Any idea on what is going on here?  The car doesnt smoke or anything.  There
>is a carbaration problem (i think).  The car tries to stall out ;when I even
>slightly *punch* the gas.  Would this cause a fuel smell in the oil???

Sounds like "blowby" , perhaps the gas/oil is blowing by the pistons.
Could be bad rings.. I would do a compression test of each cylinder
first..

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
Systems Admin

Mia.Net                                Maria's Internet Access
                                            www.mia.net
                                           www.dslone.com
Bella Mia, Inc.
N6015 Lyons Road                        e-mail: jer@mia.net
Burlington, WI. 53105          Phone: (414)763-5420  Fax: (414)763-5421
USA                                    Pager:  (414)515-1388
    Full Service Dial-In Internet Access DSL and Colocation Services