Maaco info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Maaco info
From: Mikecquinn@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:52:51 EDT
I painted a few cars in the past (last one was 15 years ago). Although I did
a good job with no runs or orange peal I had a lot of pin holes in the
surface so it never had a great shine. I blamed the problem on not having the
correct equipment to do the job properly. I had a cheap sprayer and a
compressor that didn't have enough cfm. I also painted lacquer which I think
was a mistake for an amateur. I would like to get feed back from the wise
group. I don't want to spend a fortune for the job so I was thinking about
Maaco doing the painting with me doing all of the surface prep and masking.
Anyone have any comments. I have also been thinking of getting a HVLP spray
system from TIP.  Since I have 2 cars to paint a MGB and a TR4, I would like
to get feed back on any other amateur painters to see how or what they did.
Thanks in advance.
--Mike Quinn