Re: Maaco info

To: <Mikecquinn@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maaco info
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:42:20 -0700
Mike,

I had mine MAACO'd last fall.  I don't have visions of concours and was
willing to settle for a 20-20 paint job.  I spent about $1,000 for their
top-of-the-line job and got a reasonably good job.  It takes a good shine
and looks great from only 10 feet!  Up close, you can see the imperfections
due to my less than skillful bodywork.  I also have a couple minor
blemishes that MAACO said they would fix free of charge (if it would only
stop raining).  My only recommendation is to check to see if there are any
hobbyists or small paint shops in your area that would do a quickie for
similar money.  I tried, but couldn't find anyone willing to do the whole
thing for less than $2,000+.

Good luck!
Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB (was brown, then gold, now Brooklands Green)