Re: Maaco info

To: Mikecquinn@aol.com
Subject: Re: Maaco info
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 02:19:54 -0400
Mikecquinn@aol.com wrote:
> I painted a few cars in the past (last one was 15 years ago). Although I did
> a good job with no runs or orange peal I had a lot of pin holes in the
> surface so it never had a great shine.

  Define pin holes?

  Were they in the surface before you put the topcoat on, or
did they appear in the topcoat?

  Generally you fill the pinholes with glaze (cheapest but
slow) or thick primer and sanding (fastest, best).

>  I also painted lacquer which I think
> was a mistake for an amateur.

  If it's lacquer and it's not shiny enough for you, just
colour sand it and polish polish polish. That's the main
advantage with lacquer, you can always bring it back
to shiney until you sand back to the primer. ;>

> to get feed back on any other amateur painters to see how or what they did.

  I painted my MGB in my garage with a cheap gun and a
decent compressor. Lots of pics on my web site, it
came out fine.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca