Re: Maaco info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maaco info
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:54:10 -0500 (CDT)
On 04/12/99 15:13:35 you wrote:

>Jeremy Anthony Kinsey wrote:
>

>>Do not go to Maaco.  Maaco's philosophy on paint is "just roll the
>>windows down and spray"  Maaco oughta really love the MG and TR4 as all
>>they have to do is take the top down and just spray... Spend the money,
>>it's really worth it.  We have been working on our 74.5 MGB for over 5
>>years now and we have never even driven it, as a matter of fact, I have
>>never driven an MG.  When we got her back from being painted I literally
>>cried.  It was so damn beautiful you could see my tears in the reflection
>>of the paint.  God what a dream.. Well worth every penny.

I believe there are good and bad Maaco shops. I know of one here on Long Island
(Hempstead
location) that does very nice restoration work and alot of British stuff.
Currently there are
two or three Big Healey, a Jensen Intercepter, a Bugeye and a couple of MGBs
being done there.
My BGT is going in for paint next week at a Maaco in Brooklyn. It's my driver
and with the two
doors and bonnet being replaced with better condition used, different color
pieces I'm just
looking for the car to be the same color. I'm removing all exterior trim, light
housings and
bumpers myself. It will be back together and at Carlisle in May for those who
wish to
scrutinize.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch